How exciting, you found your new home and did the hard part of getting all your belongings from one dwelling place to another. So now it is time to kick back, relax and …. wait, you mean there’s more?
1) Keep your receipts! You can deduct moving expenses in most cases. So keep track of how much money it cost to get everything moved over to your new place.
2) Update your address information! File the change of address info with your local DMV, register to vote, contact your bank and update them of your new address. Have new checks printed with your new address as well.
3) Make sure everything works. If you had to move your appliances now is the time to make sure they are working properly. Get everything setup and test them out. Also check your furniture and make sure nothing got damaged. If it did, and if you used a professional moving company, you can file a claim with them to reimburse you for the damages.
4) Meet your new neighbors. Nows your chance to make a friendly first impression with your new neighbors. It’s always better to be proactive about introducing yourself and getting a relationship going instead of putting it off and being labeled a recluse in your new neighborhood.
5) Clean the house top to bottom. Nothing better than starting with a clean slate. Hire a professional air duct cleaning company (http://willardductcleaning.com/air-duct-cleaning/). Hav
6) Oh yeah, and make sure your services are all setup. Contact the local garbage collection company and get signed up with them. Make sure your gas and electric are setup as well. Contact the city and get your water and sewage services in your name.
Finally, it is time to sit back and relax in your new kingdom. Enjoy it now, you’ve earned it. Maybe have a BBQ and invite your new neighbors over and ignite a friendship.